Home Office Openings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in a related area plus two years of work experience in progressively responsible accounting or bookkeeping work, except that additional related work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the formal education requirement.
- Knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Exceptional ability to multitask without compromising accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Great time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Self-driven and collaborative.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain problems with systems and transactions.
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision.
Exact starting salary determined by prior experience.
Responsible for Accounts Payable disbursements. Provides assistance with calculating and balancing of agents’ commissions.
- Issues payment of invoices and refunds from all companies
- Answers inquiries from vendors regarding unpaid balances
- Processes deposits and withdrawals from the Employee Credit Union
- Reports outstanding checks to the Missouri State Treasurer-Unclaimed Property
- Filing of Use and Sales Tax
- Agent Commission Duties
- Processes W-2 and 1099 agent commission reports for all companies.
- Makes necessary corrections/adjustments to commissions and bonuses.
- Processes service agreements for open books of business.
- Enters payroll deductions for agents.
- Processes contests and trips, including calculating cost of the contest or trip and chargebacks.
- Balances personal insurance accounts.
- Balances direct pay deposits and commissions entered.
- Enters accruals for budgeting and board reports.
- Prepares intercompany billings of agent payroll.
- Maintains various spreadsheets of agent information requested by other departments.
- Maintains manager, book of business, and agent realignment.
- Prepares production and premium report for board report.
- Handles questions and problems for agents and managers concerning commissions.
- Provides excellent customer service to all external and internal customers and maintains a good working relationship with field and Home Office personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.