Performs general office duties. Assist agents and insureds with questions or concerns regarding policy values, beneficiaries, ownership, claim proceeds, etc. Provide customer service regarding all life and annuity policies. Update policies to include address changes, change of ownership, change of beneficiary and change of name. Process policy loans and dividend withdrawals. Assist with annuity surrenders and withdrawals.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail.
- Process policy loans and dividend withdrawals.
- Update and correct policy information including membership numbers and address changes.
- Modify and update beneficiaries, owners and names upon receipt of completed change forms. Evaluate information for completeness and accuracy. Answer questions regarding beneficiaries and ownership.
- Research returned mail for new or correct addresses.
- Process lapses for non-payment, automatic premium loans, and capitalize interest.
- Issue certificates of lost policies.
- Prepare documentation for advance premium deposit agreements.
- Research premium renewal notifications and make necessary changes.
- Calculate and process policy surrenders. Determine the correct cash value, dividend value, and premium refunds to be included in the surrender proceeds.
- Process annuity surrender and partial withdrawals.
- Prepare miscellaneous correspondence as needed.
- Cross trains and provides support for departmental personnel.
- Provides excellent customer service to all external and internal customers and maintains a good working relationship with field and Home Office personnel.